So What is water damage and how can we assist you?
Water damage can be a disastrous event for any home or business. In many cases, the water itself is not the biggest problem. Rather, it is the damage that water can cause to your property that can make remediation difficult and expensive. Here are some key points to consider if you are faced with water damage:
– First and foremost, determine the extent of the damage. Is there water present on walls, ceilings, floors and other areas? If so, how deep is it? Is there standing water anywhere?
– Next, assess the potential sources of water exposure. Was the flooding due to a broken pipe? A burst water main? Torrential rains? A storm drain overflow?
– Once you have an idea of the extent of the damage and what caused it, contact a professional restoration company as soon as possible. Damaged items may need to be removed before they cause further structural harm. Clean up any remaining water damage while it is still easy to do so. If left untreated, even small amounts of water can cause extensive damage to your property. Contact a restoration company as soon as possible to get started on restoring your home or business back to its former glory!
Get a Free Estimate Now!
Call Us Now For A FREE Quote!
Top 3 Water Damage Issues You need to Know
Water damage can occur in a wide range of forms, but each type has its own specific damage indicators and repair requirements. Below are general descriptions of the most common water damage types:
1. Flood Damage: Flood damage occurs when water rises rapidly and violently inside or outside a structure, causing extensive property damage. Waterborne debris (e.g., leaves, branches, rocks) and water itself can create major structural issues. In order to properly assess flood damage, technicians must take into account factors such as floor dimensions and roof height. Once the extent of the flood is known, appropriate repair procedures can be put in place.
2. Water infiltration: Moisture seeps through cracks and joints in walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces. This type of water damage is often undetected so long as the surface is dry. Over time, however, moisture will cause wood to expand and contract; this in turn can cause structural issues or even collapse. To prevent further water infiltration, proper sealing around penetrations (e.g., window frames) is essential.
3. Flash flooding: Flash flooding occurs when heavy rains fall within a short period of time—usually within minutes—resulting in widespread flooding throughout an area. This type of water damage typically affects low-lying areas and can be especially destructive due to its fast onset and widespread effects. Rapid assessments are important for determining the extent of flash flooding and putting appropriate repairs in place before it becomes too late.
How to determine the size of water damage concerns?
If your home has suffered water damage, it is important to contact a professional restoration company as soon as possible. By doing so, you can minimize the potential for further damage and ensure that your property is restored to its pre-watering condition. There are several factors you should consider when determining the extent of water damage:
-The depth of water penetration into the residence
-The type of materials affected by water (e.g., flooring, walls, ceilings)
-The presence of any mould or mildew growth
-Whether electrical systems or appliances have been damaged
-The weather conditions at the time of the incident (e.g., rainfall, snow)
Voted #1 Company in Las Vegas, NV for Your Restoration Service Needs
Water damage can wreak havoc on any property, but it’s especially troublesome in homes with high-value contents. Homeowners who suffer water damage often find that their insurance companies are less likely to cover the full extent of the repairs, which can mean having to pay for repairs out of their own pockets.
One of the most important aspects of restoring water damaged property is getting rid of all the excess water and debris. Flood Dry Out can use a variety of methods to do this, including vacuum cleaners, dehumidifiers, and special drying equipment.
Once all the water has been eliminated from the property, we will start cleaning up the mess. This may include removing drywall and insulation, cleaning up broken windows and doors, and repairing any damaged floors or ceilings. In some cases, we may also need to remove mold and other invaders from the area.
Water damage can be a devastating event for any property. Not only is it an inconvenience, but it can also lead to significant structural damage. If you are in need of water damage restoration services in and around the Las Vegas area, please contact our team at Flood Dry Out. We have decades of experience dealing with all types of water damage, and we will do everything we can to help you get your property back to normal as quickly as possible.
Why Should You Hire Us?
When it comes to water damage restoration services, there are a few reasons to choose us.
First and foremost, we have years of experience in the field. We know exactly what it takes to get your home or office back to normal as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Second, our team is highly qualified and certified. We use the latest technology and equipment to get your home or business back up and running as quickly and safely as possible.
Finally, we always go above and beyond for our clients. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service, no matter how large or small the job may be. So if you’re looking for a dependable team that knows what they’re doing when it comes to water damage restoration, look no further than us!
Frequently Asked Questions
- #1) Find the Source.
- #2) Take Care of Your Home.
- #3) Call Your Insurance Company.
- #4) Start Repairing Water Damage.
- #5) Dry Your Home.
- #6) Look for Mold.
- #7) Moving Back In.
Depending on the severity of water ingress, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to dry a wet property out.
- Clean The Area. Before you start a project like this, give the water damaged area a good clean.
- Clear And Scrape Any Flaking In The Area.
- Cover Water Damaged Area With A Peel-Stop / Sealer Binder.
- Apply Filler.
- Sand Surface.
- Apply Water-based Primer / Sealer.
- Apply Paint.
We are here for you 24/7/365
Located in Las Vegas, NV 89117
From Spring Valley: Get on US-95 S in Las Vegas from S Rainbow Blvd. Head north on Verdugo St toward Sprucewood St. Turn right onto Spring Valley Pkwy. Turn left onto S Rainbow Blvd. Use the right lane to take the ramp onto US-95 S. Continue on US-95 S. Drive to Las Vegas Blvd N
From Enterprise: Get on I-15 N from Blue Diamond Rd. Continue on I-15 N. Drive to Las Vegas Blvd N in Las Vegas. Take exit 75A from I-515 S/US-93 S/US-95 S. Merge onto Las Vegas Blvd N